In this article:
- How custom cross-sell offers work?
- How to create a custom cross-sell offer?
- How to change cross-sell offer display?
1. How cross-sell offers work?
With cross-sell offers, you can encourage customers to buy related or complementary products when they view pre-selected products. An offer will show as a bundle of products which is displayed right below the Add-to-cart button on the product page.
2. How to create a custom cross-sell offer?
Go to App's dashboard >> Cross-sell >> Custom Cross-sell >> Click Create offer:
Step 1: Set up the offer's name and message.
- Offer's name: This helps you manage your offers more easily. However, this is optional and you can leave it blank.
- Offer's message: Please be noted that you cannot save you cross-sell offers if you forget to fill in the message. You should create an appealing and intriguing message that makes your offer more attractive. Here is how it looks:
Step 2: Select products you want to bundle together in your cross-sell offer. At least 2 products are required for a cross-sell offer:
After creating a bundle of products, you can set the product you want to show the cross-sell offer as target product by clicking "Set as target". Once you have selected your target product, you can tick "Only show this bundle when customers visit target product" so the cross-sell offer will only show on the product page of the target product.
Step 3: Set up a new price for the whole bundle (optional).
This setting aims at offering a discount that boosts your visitors to purchase the whole combo. There are two types of discounts: fixed amount and percentage.
When clicking the Set up discount button, you can either:
- Set up a discount for all variants combination by clicking "Apply to all variant bundles".
- Offer discounts for some specific bundles only (regarding color/ style...) by unticking the "Apply to all variant bundles".
In order to create urgency and scarcity for your promotion, you can add an end date and set stock limitation.
Step 4: Click “Create Offer” button once you accomplish all required information.
3. How to change cross-sell offer display?
To change the way your cross-sell offer display, please go to Settings >> Cross-sell Settings => Cross-sell display.
There are 2 options for your cross-sell widget position: Embed widget and Corner popup.
Embed widget on product page: Click the Change the widget position and you will be directed to a product page displaying in editing mode:
- Choose and click on the position you like
- Finish the change by clicking on the Save button and turn off editing mode.
Corner popup on product page: You can also choose to show your cross-sell offer as a popup, which could create a greater impression to your visitors compared to embed widgets. Below is how a corner popup looks like:
If you worry that a popup can be annoying, just add a few seconds to delay the time the popup would show. This would give customers some time to read information of the viewing product first.
Why don't you get started right now to start creating cross-sell offers and winning sales for your business?