When you find your Upsell offer not working after adding the target product, here are the possible reasons as to why it is not showing up on your site:
1. Incorrect Ajax Cart setting
Ajax cart is a customization for your store theme that allows customers add a product to cart in an instant, without leaving the current page or reloading the entire page. For the Upsell offer to work, you will need to update the Ajax cart settings to be compatible with the app. On the Boost Upsell app, please go to Settings>> Others >> Your upsell popup is not showing up as it should?
- Choose the Option 'Not Using Ajax Cart flow' if in case your customers are being routed to the Cart page after clicking the Add-to-cart button.
- Choose the option 'Ajax Cart Flow' if in case your customers are not being routed to any other pages after clicking Add-to-cart button.
2. Created a Buy-one-get-one offer
In Boost Upsell offer, it can only work for additional items or upgrade only. Thus, if you created an offer where the target product is the same with the upsell, this offer will not show up.
3. Upsell offer includes unavailable products
Kindly ensure that all the products that are included on the offer are not removed, deleted or out of stock otherwise the Upsell offer will not show up. This is to avoid confusion and provide excellent shopping experience to your customers.
4. Conflict between your Theme and Boost Upsell
There are some cases wherein the app may fail to detect the Add-to-cart button when using Shopify Special themes and will result to upsell offer not showing up. To fix this issue, you can add ID or Class of the Add-to-cart button to Boost Upsell settings.
Step 1: Use browser inspector to find The ID or Class Name of an element (Add-to-cart button)
The browser inspector is a powerful tool built into your web browser that allows you to view HTML snippets and associated CSS styling for any element on your page.
On your product page: Right click >> Click Inspect >> You will see the Inspector Window of your Product page.
This is the Inspector Window: Click on the icon in the upper left corner to inspect an element of the page.
Whilst the inspector window is open, simply hover your cursor on the Add-to-cart button and snippets will be highlighted. You can find the Add-to-cart button's ID/Class boxed in red as shown on the sample screenshot below. Here you can copy the button's ID and Class.
Step 2: Go to Boost Upsell back-end >> Access Settings tab >> Click Other settings
Step 3: Enter the Class/ID found in Step 1 to the box
- Add "#" (hash) before the ID or "." (dot) before the class before entering it in the box. For example:
- If the element has both ID and Class, please add #ID to the box
- If the element has only ID or Class, please add #ID or .Class to the box
And click the Save button to complete the settings and refresh your product page to check the result.
Should the issue does still persists after closely following the instructions above mentioned, please feel free to contact us anytime and we'll be more than happy to assist you.